Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Going active with Altecs!

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Art,
    The delay relay thing you set up would be of interest. Perhaps even in a new thread. "Family Friendly" is a good idea.

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member Art J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Charles, if that turns out to be a problem, you can use external
    relays to drop out the speakers on power down.

    I had to do that here to make the bi-amp system 'family friendly'.
    They are not good with sequencing, so I set up a full system
    remote and the relays take care of time delay and everything else.
    Easy for them, safe for my stuff.

    I posted about this a long time ago but its lost in a thread
    with a different title. We can go over it if needed.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member Art J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Aloha Panomaniac, Ive been meaning to make up some sample diagrams
    that can be adjusted to particular needs. Its not hard at all but each system is different.
    The crossover and amps are put away from fingers reach, the relays do the work.
    I found the old thread link below. You may get enough info from it to set up your own.
    I know you have plenty of background in wiring. C U, Art...........


    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...&f=3729&t=1564


    ...

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Going active with Altecs!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Somebody told you a fib about the DCX being discontinued. The word, and this is straight from Jim Savery, Behringer's US manager, is that DCX's will be in stock in the US by later this month. UK has them now.

    It's a very useful device.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member chopsrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    Somebody told you a fib about the DCX being discontinued. The word, and this is straight from Jim Savery, Behringer's US manager, is that DCX's will be in stock in the US by later this month. UK has them now.

    It's a very useful device.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, regardless of availability I have already bought the Rane AC 22B.

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Going active with Altecs!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Not a problem, that is a good unit you bought. However others may be interested in the DCX and for the sake of the group, I wanted to post it's still available.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member chopsrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    Not a problem, that is a good unit you bought. However others may be interested in the DCX and for the sake of the group, I wanted to post it's still available.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh I know. But also after thinking about it a little more, I feel that the DCX was probably going to be too much for what I need.

    Maybe next time! forums

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    I don't know much but perhaps 2.2uf would be sufficient. You don't want to supress all the sound.

    .....................................

  9. #29
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Other than using the relays, I have been told that I can use a capacitor in series with the 902-8B for about a 400Hz rolloff @ -6dB per/oct which should keep the driver from being damaged.

    If so, what size cap should I use, a 50uF or 62uF?

    Also, should I run a fuse inline with the 902 as well, and if so what size?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">look for Tech Letter 205, it has a graph that will help you determine what value caps you need for various Xover points....

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by chopsrr:
    If so, what size cap should I use, a 50uF or 62uF?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like you're asking if you should calculate the value based on the DCR or the nominal impedance. I wonder what the actual impedance is at 400 Hz?

    It will be interesting to know what the tech letter says.

    FYI, I really like these caps. Obbligato Caps
    I use them as DC blocking caps in my amps and have been trying the PIO in a horn crossover. Nice quality, smooth sound and good price.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.